Mary is a passionate, fact-based marketer. As founder of For Marketing Matters LLC, Mary developed the perfect outsourced marketing model for savvy CEOs seeking an ongoing partner. As a marketing evangelist, Mary preaches the marketing gospel, addressing the common misunderstandings of marketing and its function. At her core, Mary is strategic and analytical, planning and executing to maximize ROI. A high energy leader and entrepreneur, Mary enters year ten running her business. She earned her MBA from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School and has two bachelor of science degrees in Finance and Marketing from Boston College, graduating summa cum laude.
What motivated her to start a business in the first place?
- The marketing department at Mary’s company was eliminated. She decided to explore why marketing is misunderstood.
Did she start the business on the side or dive in full-time?
What were the first steps that she took?
- Initially, Mary took short-term contracts for cash flow. To find her ideal clients, Mary leveraged her past connections as well as developed new connections when she went through an accreditation process.
What type of people does she surround herself with?
- Mary had a business coach throughout the years of building her business. She also surrounded herself with other experts.
One personal habit that contributed to her success?
- Mary is a planner. She writes down what she wants to do and do it.
What book(s) would she recommend aspiring entrepreneurs read?
- How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie
What advice would she give to someone who is starting their journey into entrepreneurship?
- Meet with your accountant and attorney early. Don’t dabble. Don’t settle. Go for what you want. If people tell you and you hear feedback you don’t want to hear, don’t accept it. Find and secure real colleagues.
How to reach Mary?
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @MEHonan
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ForMarketingMatters/
Dec. 6th virtual sales seminar with Tom Hopkins and Eric Lofholm: www.planningyourleap.com/salestomhopkins
Join me for my daily Facebook live streaming in November, talking about business and life: www.facebook.com/planningyourleapintobusiness/
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again today. Do you have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
Also, please leave an honest review for the PYLIB podcast on iTunes. Ratings and review are super helpful and very much appreciated. I read each and every one of them.
If you have questions for the Ask Melin episode on the last Wednesday of the month, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Decide. Do. Done!