Author, Podcaster, International Speaker and Huffington Post Blogger, Maura Sweeney is the Trademarked Ambassador of Happiness who is transforming her “Living Happy – Inside Out” mantra into a global business. A frequent media guest and lecturer on Influence and Leadership, Maura inspires others to become their happiest and most authentic selves. Passionate about people from every background, she shares stories that unite and helps us see what’s best in us all. Maura just released her Foundations of Happiness eCourse which is an immersive, multi-media self-study for emotional intelligence.
What motivated her to start a business in the first place?
- Maura and her husband already owned a computer business but wanted to have a business that has more purpose.
Did she start the business on the side or dive in full-time?
- Full -time
What were the first steps that she took?
- Maura and her husband decided to create their own content. Maura created videos and blog.
What type of people does she surround herself with?
- Whenever Maura wanted to learn something, she either hired someone or attended classes or Meetups that taught some of the things she was interested in.
One personal habit that contributed to her success?
What book(s) would she recommend aspiring entrepreneurs read?
- Business Success Through Self Knowledge by William Anton, PhD
- Will The Real You Please Stand Up by Kim Garst
What advice would she give to someone who is starting their journey into entrepreneurship?
- Start somewhere. Start now even if it means it’s just 10 minutes a day. Do your research. Connect with mentor. Volunteer with groups that are doing the things you’re interested in in business.
How to reach Maura?
- Podcast: Maura Sweeney: Living Happy Inside Out
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again today. Do you have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
Also, please leave an honest review for the PYLIB podcast on iTunes. Ratings and review are super helpful and very much appreciated. I read each and every one of them.
If you have questions for the Ask Melin episode on the last Wednesday of the month, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Decide. Do. Done!