Danielle Tate is the founder and CEO of MissNowMrs.com, a multimillion dollar online name-change company. As a female founder in her 20s she noticed that few business guides offered step-by-step advice to smart but inexperienced entrepreneurial woman. This void inspired Danielle to author Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company to help other women find their place and flourish within the entrepreneurial world. Danielle is an entrepreneur, wife, mother, Pilates devotee, and name-change expert in her spare time.
What motivated her to start a business in the first place?
- Danielle was an accidental entrepreneur. After she got married, she found it was challenging and time consuming to get her name changed. She discovered an opportunity to provide a name-change service to newly married women.
Did she start the business on the side or dive in full-time?
- On the side while she researched and learned to code. Danielle finally quit and focused on her business full time by the time the service launched.
What were the first steps that she took?
- Search engine ads, blogs on name change, and got strategic partners.
What type of people does she surround herself with?
- Initially Danielle did not have a mentor. Once she embraced that she is an entrepreneur and female founder she started meeting and joining different networking groups.
What was the low point in her entrepreneurial journey, what did she do to get back on track, and what did she learn from that experience?
One personal habit that contributed to her success?
- Danielle sets aside 10 minutes in the morning to write down ideas and keep them filed away.
What book(s) would she recommend aspiring entrepreneurs read?
What advice would she give to someone who is starting their journey into entrepreneurship?
- You can do it. You should do it. Don’t fall in love with your idea before you hold it accountable. Ask for feedback on your idea.
How to reach Danielle?
- Instagram: elegantentrepreneur
- Twitter: @elegant_entre