Lisa Ryan, MBA, is a nationally recognized gratitude expert and founder of Grategy®. Using her twenty-plus years of sales, marketing and training her mission is to change the world, one “Thank You” at a time. Lisa is the author of eight books including, “The Upside of Down Times” and “Express Gratitude. Experience Good.”
She is the current President of Ohio’s National Speakers Association and she also co-starred in two films: the award-winning film, “The Keeper of the Keys,” with Jack Canfield of Chicken Soup for the Soul and “The Gratitude Experiment.”
Public speaking strategies to grow your business:
- Find a catchy title first before creating the speech.
- Once you have an invitation to speak, then write the speech with great content.
- Do create one or two go-to speeches that you can adapt.
- Pick a lane – pick a topic that you know you are passionate about rather than the current hot topic.
- Establish the value you speaking service and professionalism by sending out a no-charge invoice and speaker agreement.
- Build your list at the event by providing valuable giveaways (ethical bribe) in exchange for opting into your database.
- Speak at every opportunity you can get.
- Include great content and takeaways for your audience.
- Do not make the speech all about self promotion.
- Practice your speech by joining Toastmasters.
- Take care of your voice with Throat Coat tea by Traditional Medicinals. Have a pitcher of hot water during your speaking engagement.
How to contact Lisa?
Note from Melin – Join me at Vapor Trails Toastmasters #203 on Monday nights if you are in the Tierrasanta neighborhood in San Diego, California. We always welcome guests!