Marnie Swedberg (Swed as in “Ed”) is the online mentor to over 14,000 leaders from 30 countries, a syndicated radio talk show host, the author of 13 “how-to” books, plus she personally oversees two businesses in the retail and restaurant industries. She consistently shares practical, doable success strategies to shorten your learning curve, increase your productivity, and skyrocket your delight in life.
What motivated her to start a business in the first place?
- Marnie started a business when she was 18 when she saw a need for fitness programs at business locations for the employees.
Did she start the business on the side or dive in full-time?
What were the first steps that she took?
- Marnie figured out where there is a need for her to fill and went from there. Also helps if you can rank on the first page of Google.
What type of people does she surround herself with?
- Marnie lives in a remote area where she would have to travel quite a distance to get to places. Balancing several businesses and travel time doesn’t allow her to spend time with mentors in person. She adapted by focusing on written works and training programs from select experts.
What was the low point in her entrepreneurial journey, what did she do to get back on track, and what did she learn from that experience?
- Fire, burglary, floods and more! You will have serious challenges but you’ll have to keep asking ask yourself, is this what I’m still suppose to be doing today? Recognize what’s going and make your decision going forward.
One personal habit that contributed to her success?
- Marnie’s relationship with God.
If she were to write a letter to her pre-entrepreneur self, what would she say?
- Work really hard on being completely honest. Take the hit, be honest and just move on.
What book(s) would she recommend aspiring entrepreneurs read?
- Instead of a book, Marnie recommends her Success Principles Coaching Certification training program at Marnie.com
What advice would she give to someone who is starting their journey into entrepreneurship?
- Start with figuring out where are you going, who do you see yourself as, and what do you think you’re here for? Then figure out how you think about all these things. Have small goals with a big vision and be able to reach those goals daily.
How reach Marnie?